Butte-Anaconda National Historical Park & Local Heritage Area Initiative
Creating A Nationally Significant Destination . . . that would increase customer flow to existing local attractions and business has long been a dream in Butte. Over fifty other communities in the nation have made that dream a reality. “Heritage Tourist; Come, Stop, Stay, and Spend in the culture of the communities they choose to immerse themselves in.” Heritage Tourism Consultant, 2012 in Butte.
History of the Initiative
- The Consent Agreement for the Supper Fund remediation and restoration hopefully will be finalized shortly.
- It is time to start looking to the future.
- The Keweenaw National Historical Park Model’s Key Ideas are;
- All working together to create and provide a Park Like Experience
- The Federal Government not involved with Local Heritage Area
- The Federal Government Park Units, that are owned and operated by the NPS, are only the building sites on which the NPS's interpretive centers and offices are located
- The NPS is not competing with the local attractions, but assisting in creating a greater customer flow to existent local attractions and business
Please Print our Opinion Survey HERE and mail it to:
Attn: BHS - Heritage Projects
c/o 2601 Grand Ave.
Butte, MT 59701