The Community Development Department leads community and economic development efforts for the City-County of Butte-Silver Bow.
The Community Development Department's mission is to promote, grow and preserve the assets of Butte-Silver Bow related to both economic and community development. It is responsible for addressing pressing community needs through the preparation and administration of grant applications and the implementation of programs.
The Community Development Department oversees the functions of three Tax-Increment Financing Development Districts; the Urban Revitalization Agency (URA), the East Butte Renovation and Rehabilitation Agency (RRA), and the Montana Connections Business Development Park, an industrial development district, often referred to as the TIFID.
For more information on community development in and around Butte, refer to the Butte-Silver Bow Community & Business Development website and the Montana Connections Business Development Park website.
- Initial Renderings of Uptown Parking Garage
- Butte-Silver Bow Uptown Improvements Plan (Dec. 2014, Full Resolution)
- Butte-Silver Bow Target Industry Marketing Report (PowerPoint file)
- Community Stakeholder Discussion: Caring for Our Homeless Community
- Butte Uptown Urban Renewal Plan (2014)
- Butte-Silver Bow Urban Forest Management Plan (March 2013)
- West Park Street Corridor Recommendations