Welcome to Butte-Silver Bow
In beautiful Southwest Montana
Recent News and Updates:
- Important Information About Your Drinking Water: Butte-Silver Bow Water Department Tier 2 Public Notification - Failure to Filter (.pdf, 2 mb)
- From December 7th to December 28th, 2013 the Butte-Silver Bow Public Library will be conducting an online survey to find out how our patrons use the library’s computers and Internet connection and how this service has made a positive impact
on their lives. This information will help the library improve its technology services and communicate the value of providing free access to computers and the Internet within the community. The Impact Survey is anonymous, available in
English and Spanish, and takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Check Out the Performing Arts: The BSB Library has FREE tickets available for Dec. 2013 Symphony performances for patrons with accounts in good standing. Visit the
Library website at www.buttepubliclibrary.info to learn more.
- Volleyball Roster Form (.pdf) for Parks and Rec Adult Jan.-Mar. 2014 League. Registration deadline: Dec. 27, 2013. An organizational meeting is scheduled for Monday,
Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in the lobby at the Civic Center. Rosters with payment may be turned in at that time, or print and complete the form and turn it in with payment to the Parks and Rec Office at the Maintenance Center, 1700 Civic Center Road
between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or at the Civic Center in the main office between the same hours.
- Dec. 2013 BSB Parks and Recreation Women's Volleyball Tournament Schedules and Brackets: League A (.pdf)
| League B (.pdf)
- Butte-Silver Bow Uptown Urban Renewal Plan 2014 (.pdf, 2 mb)
- Butte-Silver Bow has a new website coming online in 2014 to better serve our community. Check back for new and improved services, information and features, along with a new look.
- Fiscal Year 2013-14 Funding Priorities Survey Results
Welcome to Butte, Montana - "The Richest Hill on Earth!" Butte is often referred to as a community with a storied past, an exciting present, and a promising future, and we have a lot to share with you.
We hope you find this new design informational and easy to use. Within these pages, we hope that you find the information you need whether you are looking to:
- Find out information about our local government and its operations;
- Invest in our community through economic development opportunities by joining other innovative, environmental, and high-tech firms located in Butte that are rapidly gaining national and international recognition;
- View our Community Business Plan;
- Visit our fine city and experience our past, with our wealth of mining, political, architectural, and labor history that is more than 100 years old, and represents a diverse ethnic background of over 50 nationalities;
- Tour our museums and art studios and discover our art renaissance;
- Explore the area in and around Butte that boasts of clear blue skies, fresh air and open country where you can enjoy many outdoor activities where access to thousands of acres of public lands and blue ribbon trout streams are only minutes away from uptown Butte, and where being located halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks makes us a natural stop for park visitors; or
- Visit or attend Butte's own Montana Tech of the University of Montana, an educational institution that has a worldwide reputation for its academic excellence, especially in environmental and petroleum engineering and its mineral geology and mining curriculum.