Welcome to Butte, Montana - "The Richest Hill on Earth!" Butte is often referred to as a community with a storied past, an exciting present, and a promising future, and we have a lot to share with you.
We hope you find this new design informational and easy to use. Within these pages, we hope that you find the information you need whether you are looking to:
- Find out information about our local government and its operations;
- Invest in our community through economic development opportunities by joining other innovative, environmental, and high-tech firms located in Butte that are rapidly gaining national and international recognition;
- View our Community Business Plan;
- Visit our fine city and experience our past, with our wealth of mining, political, architectural, and labor history that is more than 100 years old, and represents a diverse ethnic background of over 50 nationalities;
- Tour our museums and art studios and discover our art renaissance;
- Explore the area in and around Butte that boasts of clear blue skies, fresh air and open country where you can enjoy many outdoor activities where access to thousands of acres of public lands and blue ribbon trout streams are only minutes away from uptown Butte, and where being located halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks makes us a natural stop for park visitors; or
- Visit or attend Butte's own Montana Tech of the University of Montana, an educational institution that has a worldwide reputation for its academic excellence, especially in environmental and petroleum engineering and its mineral geology and mining curriculum.